turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jovani04

I get direct deposit with my job today so I could use that Amex prepaid card with the act , routing , n bank name to get income tax return direct deposit correct ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I get direct deposit with my job today so I could use that Amex prepaid card with the act , routing , n bank name to get income tax return direct deposit correct ?

Let me see if I am understanding your question correctly.   

Are you saying that you have a pre-existing prepaid debit card in your name that can receive direct deposits?  And are you asking if you can use it for the direct deposit of your tax refund?

If so, we can provide more info on that and how it's done.
jovani04

Yes it's a free prepaid card I've kept using to load to order n pay phone bills on auto pay , but sence last yr with metro pcs  I've been getting direct deposit ,  it has a bank name American  express  centurion  bank , n it carries a act, n routing . So I ask will I b ok to enroll for direct deposit  for income tax  return  2019?
jovani04

It's a checking bank , just not a actual  bank u wall in . I Wana make  sure here.

@jovani04
It sounds like you will likely be able to use it.  See the complete info I left you in the full Answer below for complete info and how to check, how to enter in TurboTax, etc.

I can't comment on any specific "brand" of prepaid debit card since there are so many, but I suspect you will probably be able to do it.  It is common to use a prepaid debit card to get a direct deposit of a tax refund.   I can tell you in general how people use prepaid debit cards to get their direct deposit.

First, be sure your pre-existing prepaid debit card is still valid and active.  If you've been actively using it, then it should be.   You will need your card's underlying bank account and routing numbers specific for your card, and the bank name that underlies the card.   Either contact your card's Customer Service, or log into your online card account to verify the card is still good and to get the banking numbers for your direct deposit.  Be sure you have the right bank account and routing numbers for your card.  They will differ from the card number shown on the card.   Do not use the account number on the card.

You can ask your card's Customer Service if they accept a direct deposit of tax refunds from the IRS.  Many do, but less commonly some prepaid debit cards might not, or if it's a large refund, some may have limits on the amount that can be deposited from a tax refund.  You can ask your card's Customer Service about that, or perhaps there is information on that topic of direct deposit of tax refunds in the FAQs on your card's website.

When the TurboTax program asks you how you want to get your Federal refund, choose "direct deposit".  You will enter the bank account and routing numbers specific to your card, and indicate that it is a "checking" account.

You'll also need to know and enter the name of the underlying bank that the routing and account numbers were for.   Ask your Card's Customer Service or check the FAQs on their website.

Yes I want to know how to put my information in so I can get stimulas in a direct deposit

@ ladyjane739 wrote:

Yes I want to know how to put my information in so I can get stimulas in a direct deposit

I can't help you with any stimulus issue, but I might be able to help with a TurboTax product issue.   You're posting in an old thread from last year.

What is your situation, and what are you wanting to do?  "Put my information in" is not enough info.  I have no idea what product you are using and what you are doing or want to do.  Are you preparing and filing a 2019 return?  If so, do you have a tax refund that you are wanting to direct deposit to a prepaid debit card that you already have?    Is it an old (previous) TurboTax Prepaid Visa Card from last year or earlier, or a different card company?   

Lil_Tish

What he saying is he needs to put his bank information from his American Express Bluebird so you can get his refund tax refund and that way he'll be able to get his stimulus check when you do your turbo taxes towards the very end before you file your give you the option of direct deposit or check in during that time frame is when you put in your routing number and your account number American Express you will have a 16 digit account number for American Express and you'll have the normal nine digits of a routing number hope this helps by the way I'm in the same boat because I did my taxes on the 20th of April and it says May 6th it sent it out to my bank and I should receive it no later then or in the time frame of that date to the 11th and today is the 11th yet I have not received anything yet but the 11th is not over so we'll see

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies