Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Annette420
Returning Member

Does it seem that everyone that has filed with Turbo Tax in 2019, has gotten a 5071c from the IRS? Is anyone else having that problem? If so, what has been your outcome?

If u already did the I'd verify and still have the 971 another letter is bring sent to you . Most likely a 45 day hold .
Raven8300

Does it seem that everyone that has filed with Turbo Tax in 2019, has gotten a 5071c from the IRS? Is anyone else having that problem? If so, what has been your outcome?

@nicolem335 it’s updated on my transcript.

I spoke with an IRS agent and they asked me on the phone if I did the ID verification yet and of course I said yes, I did it online.  Then she said their systems were down and she couldn’t see anything else at the moment.  Smh.  My luck.  I sure hope I don’t have to deal with a prolonged hold or anything like that.  As much time as I waste looking this stuff up, I’m beginning to see there are a WHOLE LOT more cases this year than years past where people are dealing with the same stuff.
NicoleM85

@raven8300 so can you call the verification number and verify that way??? That’s BS!!
Raven8300

@nicolem335  I’m  just waiting to see what “971 Notice Issued” means now.  From what I’ve read, another 45-60 day hold smh.
Raven8300

@cherriesplz24 is this what you’re dealing with?
NicoleM85

Unbelievable

I received a letter today stating it will be another 69 days they are reviewing my return, I have no clue why nothing has changed on my returns in over 10 years

Yes I too received a letter saying they have me under review and their will be a 60 day hold or longer but thank goodness I have a tax advocate helping me be pushed through the process
NicoleM85

Any updates for anyone?

I called the IRS today they said that I'm on a 60-day hold. I'm giving up I've supplied them with everything they requested and still nothing I'm done.
Raven8300

I’m at a stand still...just waiting for my letter bearing more bad news I’m sure.  This is ridiculous.  I’m at the point where they can just keep my freaking money.  Sick of it consuming me on the daily.
Raven8300

I was just informed I will be receiving a CP05 45 day review.  Just completely at a loss for words.

yes I too quit, it's working my nerves, it's not worth losing my sanity
NicoleM85

I haven’t heard anything but I also haven’t received any other type of letter either. I’m not letting it consume me it will get here at some point hopefully sooner than later
Raven8300

Well...another day, and nothing.  Anyone else on cycle code 20191205?

My CP05 will be dated April 15 so I guess I have the luxury of waiting until the end of May smh.  Done.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies