turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dutton147

I bought a truck this year and didn’t see the option for major purchases. I already pressed submit is there anything I can do to go back and adjust that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cumbry101

I bought a truck this year and didn’t see the option for major purchases. I already pressed submit is there anything I can do to go back and adjust that.

The turbo tax won't even give me an option to submit, it took my money (paid$40) and my bank info but the sign and file button is greyed out

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@dutton147  Once you've e-filed your tax return, there are two options that will allow you to add/change information on your return:

1. If your return is rejected, you can re-open your return in TurboTax to fix the issue causing the rejection.  At this time, you can also add or change other necessary information on your return.  How do I fix a rejected return?
  2. If your return is accepted, you will need to amend your return in order to add information pertaining to your major purchase.  How to amend (change or correct) a return you alre ...
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Cumbry101 Try signing out of your TurboTax, then clear cache and delete cookies on your browser.  If this is not successful, try using a different browser to complete your tax return in TurboTax Online.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies