I amended my 2018 taxes to deduct PMI premiums (ta...

I amended my 2018 taxes to deduct PMI premiums (tax law changed after I filed). I never received a new refund or any follow up. How do I follow up on this?

I received an email from Turbotax after I filed my taxes alerting me to a change in tax law which was made after the date I filed. This change meant PMI premiums were not tax deductible and I could amend my 2018 taxes. I followed the link and steps from this email to make the revisions. I have not received an additional refund nor any follow-up from Turbotax, IRS, etc.

When did you print and mail it?

I believe I mailed it in early June.

June 2019 or 2020?

In normal times it takes up to 16 weeks or more to process an Amended 1040X return. But these are not normal times. They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. Back in March the IRS closed their processing centers and stopped processing mailed tax returns.  The IRS says.."We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it." So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

June 2020. But the amendment was for 2018 taxes.

Thank you for the information.

Sorry you have to keep waiting.  The IRS is very behind this year due to Covid.