kmiller8541

I amended both my returns that i already filed. do i need to mail both my state and federal return in or just one?

Do i mail an amended federal return for 2017?

"I amended both my returns"  Did you use Form1040X?

Federal and state amended returns go to different places.

@VolvoGirl  Is 1040X even available for 2017 yet?

Who knows?
AnnetteB

Yes, you do need to mail both the Federal and state amended returns when you have made a change or correction that affects the items originally reported on both your Federal and state returns

Sometimes the bottom line refund or balance due may not have changed, but if there is a difference in the numbers that were originally reported then the amended return should be sent. 

For some advice about when to amend your return, take a look at the TurboTax article below.