user52747

I am working with a mortgage company and have been asked to supply schedules 1 and 2 from my 2020 return. My tax return does not include them. Where can I get these?

I understand that these may have nothing but zeroes in them, but I just want to move on with the process and this is blocking me.

Maybe the lender does not understand tax forms and schedules, so you might need to speak to their supervisor.

Here is what schedules 1 and 2 look like.    If the data you entered for your 2020 tax return did not require the use of those schedules then they will not be a part of your tax return.   You can print blank ones if you want to give them to the lender.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s2.pdf

user52747

Thank you. I have confirmed that these schedules are full of nothing but zeroes. I guess I will try your idea of sending them blank forms. 🙂 

Good luck.   You are probably dealing with a lower level staffer who is just working from some sort of "check list" and who does not even understand what they are asking for.