I am unable to print out my Federal return from Tu...

siddeo

I am unable to print out my Federal return from Turbo tax. I have sought the help of several customer service people and am still without a remedy.

I need to reply the IRS. Even though my Turbo tax file indicates my return was filed, it will not print out. They offered my an app which doesn't work on my computer. Checking back on Turbo Tax site after a few weeks and I still don't have access to my federal return. I paid for the Premium Service.

What happens when you use this procedure - 

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If this is for the 2019 return and the PDF you can download now is incomplete then all you  can do is wait until the online system opens for the 2020 tax returns ... at that time the 2019 returns will have been archived and a complete PDF can be downloaded. 

siddeo

Thank you for your reply. The IRS is requesting as copy of my file now! What can I do?

You have no choice but to wait if you failed to save a PDF when you could before the 2019 program closed on 10/31.  The Online program is estimated to be up sometime this week ... check in once a day until you have success.  

siddeo

Thank you for this information. I thought I had a pdf, but it never was complete. I will tell the IRS this is where I am and will plan differently for 2020 returns.