jduann

I am preparing for the 1040X amending and I got a refund. Why the only way is to send my refund to my home address? Why the refund can not be transfer to my bank account?

Mike9241

it's the IRS. they do not do direct deposit for 1040 X refunds.

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

IRS website for amended tax return FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/filing/amended-return-frequently-asked-questions

Is direct deposit available for electronically filed Form 1040-X?

Direct deposits are not allowed at this time for Amended Returns.