Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

i am in texas, el paso to be exact. I literally just got off phone with IRS, because i got a second i.d verification letter, that was supposed to be the first one initially to arrive before i called again and they "resent"it. Very nice lady looked up my refund and advised her about my status change "still processing" changing to "still being processed", cause i was freaking out, she said that only means that they are letting me know they are  still working on it, makes sense. "still processing" to "still being processed". PHEWWWW She said that is completely normal and to expect an approved or DDD date mid week by wednesday latest friday. She said i have no other holds nor letters coming out, that at this point just to be patient. She said that its a war zone for refunds and to be patient. Hope this helps some of you guys. Our refunds are coming guys, lets just all be a little patient. (YEAH< HOW MUCH MORE PATIENT CAN WE BE!!!!!!!!!!!) ok bye guys ill keep you all updated
jndr1996

I still don’t have an update and I verified February 20

@tangie I verified 3/5 and wmr updated on Saturday with a ddd of 3/14

I received a 4883c letter too but this is my first time filing a tax return and I may not be able to verify myself because of that. My parents claimed me for the past several years. Has anyone had experience with this?
tangie

She said mines would be posted march26 then it will be on hold for 45 day review

If ur status changes from being processed back to accepted. Uour refund will be approved w in a fee days. For those who been waiting longer than 14 days call irs to confirm the identification was received. I should get mine tomorrow hopefully

I verified on 3/1 and a ddd of 3/15. Assuming its taking 15-21 days with no additional delays

I suggest call monday and ask them if the ifentification was approved and accepted and if they recently mailed any letters to u.

I JUST CHECKED THE SANTA BARBARA WEBSITE AND IT IS SHOWING MY FEES BEING PAID AS OF TODAY, I HAVE A DDD OF 03.14.2018. WMR IS STILL SHOWING JUST APPROVED AND NOT SENT, BUT IT HAS ALREADY BEEN SENT/ JUST A HEADS UP.
****I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CAPS, AT WORK AND WE NOTE IN CAPS****

Has anyone that verified on 2/20 got their refund or at least an update?

Mejiabrian210 I had on 2/20 verified and still nothing

Thank you mama2fourboys

Can someone tell me what days did their refunds deposit?
2gs1steph

Has anyone checked their transcripts this morning I'm too scared to look. I verified 3/9 hoping for an update this week.

@2gs1steph I also verified 3/9 checked wmr still no update just same still processing message
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies