turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2gs1steph

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

@amire2016$ I broke down and checked my transcripts no movement yet everything is still blank. I'm praying for anupdate tomorrow or friday.
2gs1steph

Has anyone ID verified and is now under review?

How Come what?

WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN RECEIVING FORM 4883C  VIA MAIL FOR 2017 TAXPAYERS OR THE TAX PAYER IDENTIFICATION LETTER

First off everyone DONT FREAK OUT! 🙂 This is for you ( the taxpayers ) protection only!!!! It DOESNT mean your being reviewed or audited the Irs made that 10000000% clear.

For 2017 I claimed head of household, with one dependent my daughter and was self-employed. I always have issues with my daughters father trying to fraudulently claim her so I was happy to hear that the IRS is looking out for me.

YOUR TAXES WERE APPROVED BY THE IRS ALREADY WHICH YAY After the painful 30 min wait on hold I spoke with a rep ITS  A MUST  YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE LETTER 4883C THEY SENT TO YOU VIA MAIL BEFORE CALLING THE IRS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK FOR A CONTROL NUMBER THAT IS ON YOUR LETTER.AFTER THEY OBTAIN YOUR CONTROL # THEY ASKED ME FOR MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND FULL BIRTH NAME OR NAME STATED ON THIS YEARS TAXES. THEY ASKED ME IF I FILED FOR 2016, IF YOU DID... WHICH I DIDNT THAN THEY WILL ASK YOU WHAT YOUR REFUND AMOUNT OR AGI  (ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME WAS FOR THAT YEAR. AS FOR ME I DIDN'T FILE IN 2016 SO I THOUGHT THEY WOULD USE MY PREVIOUS YEAR BEFORE THAT  (2015) BUT THEY DIDN'T;INSTEAD THEY ASKED MY EXPECTED REFUND AMOUNT FOR 2017.

THE REP ALSO WILL ASK YOUR MOTHERS AND FATHERS BIRTH NAMES AS WELL AS WHERE I WAS BORN WHAT TOWN AND STATE. THEY WILL ALSO CONFIRM MAILING ADDRESS OR ADDRESS YOU USED ON YOUR CURRENT OR OLD TAX RETURN.

THE LAST QUESTION WAS MY BANK ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT MY DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR THIS TAX YEAR IS GOING TO AND WELL I PASSED OF COURSE!!!

AT THE END OF MY ADVENTURE WITH THE IRS SHE HIT ME WITH SOME HARD NEWS... IT WILL TAKE UP TO 9 WEEKS TO RECEIVE MY REFUND WHICH REALLY STINKS. LASTLY SHE ASSURED ME SOON ENOUGH TO KEEP CHECKING IRS.GOV/REFUNDS TO CHECK DAILY AS MY ORANGE BARS SHOULD SHOW BACK UP SOON INSTEAD OF THE LAME REDUNDANT MESSAGE OF, : WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR RETURNS. A REFUND DATE WILL BE POSTED WHEN AVAILABLE OR SOME MUMBO JUMBO. EVERYONE JUST STAY POSITIVE OUR HARD EARNING TAX DOLLARS ARE COMING SOON!!!!!
2gs1steph

I was asking because I’m seeig people on other sites that are now under 45 day review after ID verifying and it’s freaking me out.
tangie

@2gs1steph  I verified and now I'm under review most of these people who are still waiting are thinking is because of the ID verified and no their dumbasses might be under review after they verified like us they just did not ask irs
2gs1steph

Well I certainly wasn’t going to ask. I’m sure when my transcripts update that if I have a code 570 then I’m under review. Some after ID verify it’s been just fine other not so much. For anybody who has gotten their return after ID verify who had EIC or ACTC?
tangie

Ok we are going to get our money no doubt

Filed on 1/26, accepted 1/29. Received 488C on 2/23 and verified that day. I called this week and found out I’m now under a 45 day review starting 3/19. So, I’m freaking out with you all.

Everytime i call, they just say up to 9 weeks. No other info about 45 days or anything when i ask.
tuks1234

filed on February 7th got a letter on March 2nd to verify I verified on March 5th got an advocate on March 1st she told me that  she sent a request for them to release my taxes and they had three days to respond back talk to her two days ago and she told me that they haven't responded back yet they're kind of backed up and they're asking all The Advocates to give them extra time to look over people returns and release their money so they're really backed up it don't matter if you get an advocate or not it's still take some of us a long time to get our test because The Advocates and the people that look over the taxes for the Advoctes they're really backed up so I don't know. I received another letter in the mail saying that I'm under review for  w2 withholdings in earnings for the year and all that that's crazy I work the full year my W2 match the one that they got so you can look at that and tell they already did that so that's crazy but she told me when people are under review they always send them out the second letter
   people call and verified and then received their taxes already but some people that had to verify they pulled their return for extra review
2gs1steph

Yeah see that’s what I’m worried about this extra review stuff. It’s just wrong. You don’t start processing until you hear from me and then you make me wait again. God I hope they don’t review me. I just wonder what’s making the difference.
pablo3500

Return ReceivedRefund ApprovedRefund Sent
Your refund was mailed or deposited.Your refund was mailed or deposited.

Your refund was sent to your bank on March 14, 2018 for direct deposit......is over for me 2018....don't worry about review's because IRS just go on if your taxes are fraudulent....if not you are good to go ....praying for you people soon or later you get the money
2gs1steph

Hey my wording on MWR changed today from “Your tax return is still being processed” to “ we have received your return and it is being processed” is this a good sign?

Who tells you that you’re under a 45 day review, The IRS verification hotline??
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies