sdmgroup1

I already filed my federal tax return and p[aid with refund. Can I file my california state return and pay ?

I need to file my California State Income Tax return but I already filed my federal tax return and turbo tax will not let me file?

If you mean can the CA fee be taken from the CA refund the answer is NO.  The TT fees can only be withheld from a federal refund and you have already filed the fed return so that option is off the table.  You will need to pay the TT fees before you file ... you are being stopped in Step 1 of the FILE tab for this payment. 

Has your federal return been Accepted?   If you didn't file state at the same time as federal you have to wait for federal to be Accepted first to file state.

How to efile state after federal
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...