Solved: I already filed my 2017 taxes, but just received a W2 from a company that I was only employed with for a week in January of 2017. Do I need to re-file?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I already filed my 2017 taxes, but just received a W2 from a company that I was only employed with for a week in January of 2017. Do I need to re-file?

The amount made was $2,200

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 3

I already filed my 2017 taxes, but just received a W2 from a company that I was only employed with for a week in January of 2017. Do I need to re-file?

hello - you need to wait that the return you filed is processed and then file an amended return - TT will assist you in preparing it

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 3

hello - you need to wait that the return you filed is processed and then file an amended return - TT will assist you in preparing it

View solution in original post

Thank you for the quick response! My return was accepted and I'm awaiting the refund now. Is it too late for an amendment?
Level 3

It is not too late to amend your return, with no consequence to you - but you need to wait that the return you filed is accepted and the processing completed so as not to hit it while in limbo - safer that way
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings