turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already filed my 2017 taxes, but just received a W2 from a company that I was only employed with for a week in January of 2017. Do I need to re-file?

The amount made was $2,200

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
surgerygalore
Intuit Alumni

I already filed my 2017 taxes, but just received a W2 from a company that I was only employed with for a week in January of 2017. Do I need to re-file?

hello - you need to wait that the return you filed is processed and then file an amended return - TT will assist you in preparing it

View solution in original post

3 Replies
surgerygalore
Intuit Alumni

hello - you need to wait that the return you filed is processed and then file an amended return - TT will assist you in preparing it

Thank you for the quick response! My return was accepted and I'm awaiting the refund now. Is it too late for an amendment?
surgerygalore
Intuit Alumni

It is not too late to amend your return, with no consequence to you - but you need to wait that the return you filed is accepted and the processing completed so as not to hit it while in limbo - safer that way
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies