sunflower710

I accidentally filed taxes but didn’t print or mail them. I need to redo it because I added the incorrect information how do I go back and change that

Once a tax return has been e-filed it cannot be canceled, retrieved or changed.
If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change the information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

longtime24fan

filed my taxes with wrong information,need to go back and correct them

longtime24fan

accidentally put in wrong information on tax return but wasnt eligible for e-file, how can i fix the errors/

JotikaT2

It depends.

Did you mail your return in?  If so, then your return would be considered filed and you would need to prepare an amended return.

How to amend my return

If it was never filed, you can simply log back into TurboTax, make your corrections, and try to file your returns again within the program.