Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ebycreek1

How/where can I find a prior year return that was prepared using Turbo Tax, printed, and paper filed because it was done past the original due date?

Where is the soft copy of the 2020 return I prepared in May 2024 using TT, then paper filed?  It was damaged in mail and I need to reprint!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How/where can I find a prior year return that was prepared using Turbo Tax, printed, and paper filed because it was done past the original due date?

How to Access prior year online returns
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

If you can't get the side menus to open up to access the prior year..... You need to start entering some basic Personal Info in 2023 for the side menu to open up. Just continue a little ways into 2023. I had to go though about 12 screens.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online. So you need to make and keep your own backups.

Oh, if you did 2020 in May 2024 you had to use the Desktop installed program.  Did you use Windows or Mac?  For Windows you should have saved the pdf file in your Documents in a Turbo Tax folder.  If you didn’t save it as a pdf you should have the data file ending in .tax2022.  You need to open the .tax2022 file in the program and save it as a pdf and print it again.  Do you still have the program installed?  Do you have the .tax2022 file?  It should be in the same folder in Documents.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies