Ask the Experts about self-employment >> Event happening NOW!
Rubtub11

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

I need to change my status on my 2019 tax return to independent due to putting it in as an error to receive the stimulus. I tried doing it through TurboTax but it only shows me options to do it through laptop yet I filed on my phone. Can I still amend it on a laptop even though I filed through my phone?

rjs

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

Amending your 2019 tax return now is not going to get you a stimulus payment, if that's what you're trying to do. If no one can claim you as a dependent for 2020 you will get the payment as a credit on your 2020 tax return. It's called the recovery rebate credit. The stimulus payments were an advance payment of the recovery rebate credit.

macuser_22

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

Online for 2019 is closed.   You can only amend using the desktop software.

Online for 2018 ended on Oct 15, 2019. 2018 and earlier can only be amended with TurboTax using the CD/download version installed on a PC or Mac computer.

2019 amended Federal returns can either be e-filed or mailed. 2018 and earlier amended returns can only be mailed. It is suggested that it be mailed certified with return receipt (or other tracking service) to verify that the IRS or state receives it.

See this TurboTax FAQ for detailed amend instructions:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

-- Amended returns can only be mailed - allow 8-12 weeks - can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) for processing.

You can check the status of the amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after mailing.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Rubtub11

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

Oh okay Thank you. So I can only file through mail now?

rjs

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

SHERRIWILLIFORD

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

i need to ammend to add my grandson whom i didnt have a social sercurity card for at the time i filled my  taxes now i do

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

@SHERRIWILLIFORD wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return originally completed and filed using TurboTax - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

josephiiiv

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

How do I get to desk top

software?

josephiiiv

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

I left off my pension and annuities for 2019. line 4c. how do I correct this?

it?

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

@josephiiiv wrote:

it?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/01/27577

rjs

How to amend 2019 tax returns online?

@josephiiiv  Did you get an IRS notice about omitting your pensions and annuities? If so, follow the instructions in the notice for what to do. Don't file an amended return unless the notice tells you to do that.

If you did not get an IRS notice, follow the instructions that DoninGA gave you to file an amended return.