turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for my refund to be deposited into my account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-file has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. For mailed returns, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date. (If you claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018, you’ll get your refund the week of February 27 at the earliest.)

Wait 24 hours after your federal return has been accepted before looking it up at Where's My Refund?

If you don’t have a computer or internet access, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS at 800-829-1954.

For more information please click the link.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Well, I can tell you this much. TurboTax says if you opted to pay TurboTax out of your refund, when the IRS releases your refund, it goes to Santa Barbara Bank in order for TurboTax to get their money first.

My suggestion? If at all possible, do the FREE EDITION of TurboTax, then your refund will be directly deposited into your account without the delay.

Why do the refunds go Santa Barbara bank when TurboTax uses Green Dot bank, that's what I want to k ow.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Actually, Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), is a Green Dot Company:  https://www.sbtpg.com/

Okay, yet nobody knows anything. Been online & on the phone for the past three days getting bounced around & forced to do nothing but go in circles. Found out this evening that Santa Barbara Bank, who claims they have no info on me in their database, actually DID receive my refund (on the 28th of Feb) & processed it, I have yet to see it credited to MY ACCOUNT. Somebody better find out where MY MONEY is!!!!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies