rcampbell2

How do I tell Turbotax online I received my UCE tax refund on my amended return so that it doesn't claim the credit a second time?

I am amending my original tax return to add a K1 I received late.  In the meantime, the IRS adjusted my tax return to include a $20,400 unemployment credit  (UCE) and issued me a refund.  At the time of my filing, this credit was not available, so, it was not included in my original return by the Turbotax software.  Now when I amend the return on Turbotax it is including the credit creating a large refund that I have already received.   How do I tell Turbotax I already received the refund for this credit?
DanPaul02

This is a situation where I would amend the return and remove the $20,400 in unemployment so TurboTax does not give you a refund again.  

The whole credit is an unique situation that does not fit the mold of any other year's amendment.  Someone may post a better answer.

fanfare

if you are using TurboTax Online you can't do that. This is a serious flaw in TurboTax Online.

You need to contact Customer Support and get them to give you a download of desktop  program, so you can get to the forms.

DanPaul02

You can go to the line where you report unemployment and manually subtract $20,400 from the unemployment received and change the number to the remainder of that equation.

For example, if you received $30,000 in unemployment, you can change your unemployment received to show just $9,600.  You do not need to access the forms to make that change.

That might trigger a review by the IRS, but your figures will be correct on the amend.