Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I soak with refund fee processing service agent about direct deposit change after TurboTax tax fees are deducted from Tax refund from IRS?

Live agent of refund processing services that deduct tax fees and then deposit into bank account needs changed and irs told me to contact refund fee processing services to do so since I chose to pay for my tax filing with my 2021 tax refund!?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I soak with refund fee processing service agent about direct deposit change after TurboTax tax fees are deducted from Tax refund from IRS?

Usually the DD info cannot be changed once you have filed  and if the DD is rejected then the refund is converted to a paper check and and mailed to the address on the return.  If the processing bank cannot deposit the refund they also send a check in the mail  ... you can call them and try to make the DD correction but don't count on it happening.  

You can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund.

My state decided to verify that it was me that submitted a tax refund, after doing this I am told that my refund will sent to me in a check, even after I explained that I paid for DD. So if I read the response correctly, my bank will automatically send a refund check pertaining to my payment for DD to me ?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

There is no fee for direct deposit for state or federal returns. You are paying for fees to use Turbo Tax and if you chose to have your Turbo Tax fees deducted from your federal refund, SBTPG charges a fee for that. 

If your refund can't be direct deposited, then a check will be mailed. For more information as to why your state is sending out a check when you did not choose that option, please contact your state for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies