spherex

How do I review the inputs for a prior year's tax return? I don't want to download the return, I want to see it as I constructed it in TurboTax to understand what I did.

The IRS sent me a note complaining about my 2018 taxes and I need to reconstruct it to explain it. But I can't quite figure out how I arrived at the final numbers myself.
WendyN2

TurboTax users can download their .tax file to review their data entries made in a prior year. However, you will need the desktop version for the prior year to open the .tax file. Please use these articles:

Tax Data File - What's the Difference

You will have to download the tax data file ending in .tax2018 from online.  And install the 2018 Desktop program to open it.   If you paid for 2018 you can ask for the Desktop download.  You need a full Windows or Mac computer to install it.

To get your tax file, Use this article for amending.  It is for 2017 but will be the same for 2018.  Just change all the dates to 2018 like .tax2018

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27371

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

Contact Customer Service to get the program
5am-5pm Pacific Time Monday -Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/