You won't be able to amend your return in TurboTax Online or on a mobile device. You'll have to install the TurboTax download software on your computer.
- Sign in at TurboTax.com with the user ID you used when you filed your 2017 return.
- Select Show next to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select Download .tax fIle. You'll need this to amend your return.
- If you don't have access to your tax return, you'll need to pay for access before you can download your .tax file.
- Once you've got your .tax file, select 2017, and then select Amend (change) 2017 return.
- In the expanded instructions, select download TurboTax Desktop 2017.
- Install the TurboTax 2017 software.
- Now open your .tax file in the TurboTax 2017 software by choosing File > Open Tax Return (Windows) or TurboTax > Open Tax Return (Mac). Browse to the location of your tax file, and then select Open.
- You're ready to amend your 2017 return. Follow the instructions in this FAQ.