turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I reopen a tax return that has been saved but not been submitted yet

I am almost done with my tax return but need to put in one more bit of information how do I pull it up to fill in the last bit of info before efiling
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Are you using the Online version?  Sorry you are too late.  Online has closed for 2019.  2019 is now the prior year.  You have to switch to the Desktop program.  

How to finish a prior year online return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

And....e-filing is also closed.  Your return will have to be printed, signed and mailed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JWB4546
Returning Member

I partially completed the Turbo tax form and saved it yesterday but can not find it.

JWB4546
Returning Member

The form I did was for 2021.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@JWB4546 The forms you prepare in TurboTax are saved automatically. If you log into your TurboTax program and you don't see them, you must have created a duplicate account under another user name.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@JWB4546  Did you use the Online browser version or the Desktop program installed on your computer?

For Online

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies