Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gstutor

How do I remove ex-husband's DOB, SSN

Everything says to start over if you haven't paid but I have paid and it won't let me start over.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

You can clear and start over by clicking on Tools in the left column. Then Clear & Start Over.

Is your ex-husband listed first or second in TurboTax? If he is first, edit next to his name. Type in your info over his and then change the filing status.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@gstutor wrote:
Everything says to start over if you haven't paid but I have paid and it won't let me start over.

See:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/family/help/how-do-i-remove-a-former-spouse-from-my-return/01/2720...

It’s very difficult to remove all information related to a former spouse from your return. Your best option is to start over by creating a new TurboTax account, and working through the program to enter your return in your name only.

You can create a new account here. You can use the same email and create a new User ID and password. After creating a new account using your same email address and starting to work on your return, you might get a popup window suggesting that you use your original account. Bypass this message and continue with your return in the new account.

If you’re using the TurboTax CD/Download, skip the step of pulling in the information from last year’s return, if that return had your spouse on it. Here’s what to do:

1. Select File in the upper left, and then New Tax Return.
  2. Skip any option to transfer last year’s return and select Continue Without Transferring.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies