tjkjstpbke

How do I get my amended refund deposited into my checking account instead of the check or credit karma account offered by Turbotax Online?

I used my checking account for my original 2020 tax refund and the unemployment income refund. Turbotax Online only offers a check by mail or opening a credit karma account for my amended return refund.

They only mail checks for refunds.  No Direct Deposit.

See 1040X instructions page 19 for line 22 middle of first column

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040x.pdf

It says.....You will receive a check for any refund due to you. A refund on an amended return can’t be deposited directly to your bank account.

rjs

The IRS does not pay refunds for amended returns by direct deposit. That's why TurboTax doesn't offer it.

rjs

For that matter, the IRS also will not send a refund for an amended return to your Credit Karma account. They pay refunds for amended returns only by a check in the mail.

tjkjstpbke

Thanks to all for the help.