turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out where I sent my refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I find out where I sent my refund

If you chose to pay TurboTax with your federal refund, once the IRS reviews and approves your federal refund, the amount is sent to a third-party, who processes the TurboTax fees and the remaining amount is deposited into the bank account you provided. The state refund(s) must be reviewed and approved and will be sent directly from the state department(s) of revenue (no third-party is involved). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

If you want to review which bank account you chose for direct deposit, you may download/print all government worksheets and TurboTax worksheets for tax return(s) you already filed by reviewing the following instructions:

1. If you're using TurboTax Online, sign in to the appropriate TurboTax account.
  2. On the screen where you see "Way to go! You filed your 2017 taxes" scroll down until you see a blue Add a State button and select it.
  3. You should be on a screen that welcomes you back to TurboTax. To the right, there is a button that states Print/Save my Documents. Select this button.
  4. You should now be on a screen titled TurboTax Print Center. Select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. Select the checkbox next to the 2017 return you want to print or view. Then select the View or print forms button.

If those instructions are unhelpful, please review the following link but instead of selecting Take me to my return, you may have to select Add a State under Your tax returns & documents just to get back into the return area: How do I print a copy of my TurboTax Online return before filing?

There should be an option to download/print all government worksheets and TurboTax worksheets. See attached screenshot. Then, you should look for Direct Deposit Information. It should be printed on the federal and/or state information worksheet(s) and/or filing instructions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies