josiegm98

How do I figure out what TurboTax messed up on my federal refund? ? I was told I was getting it but then the gov said they had to amend it and took all of the money.

Ive used it for 3-4 years now and just auto do stuff as nothing major has changed taht I need to so everything should be correct but this year they said I was getting my federal which I think was like 700? And then I only received 113! Obviously that’s a big chunk of cash I’m missing and the reason for it said they had to amend it and that’s what they charged which is why I got so little money back but that doesn’t make any sense to me as none of the information was incorrect for them to amend.  (Now conspiracy theory) I assume the gov simply didn’t have enough money to give out during the COVID checks and that’s why so many people ended up with the same problem I had. I tried hours and days and months to talk to someone and of course they made it impossible. But I figured since all the crazy ness died down maybe now it could be fixed? But how exactly.

The missing amount is $600 ?   The amount of the second stimulus check ?   Look on your return ... form 1040 line 30 ... is the missing amount there ?   If so you said you did not get the second stimulus payment and the IRS says you did ... this was not a TT error.   So look at your account on the IRS site ... do they indicate the payment was sent ?   And did you get it but forgot ?   Or got it after you filed ? 

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

IRS account screen 2021.jpg

fanfare

IRS mails everybody a letter with your EIP amounts on it.

you shouldn't need to use the IRS online account.