Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I download TurboTax 2023 Desktop and do my taxes with that?

Hi.  I've been using TurboTax like forever and have always purchased a CD from Costco.  I woud like to buy and download to my desktop this year.  How do I do that?  Thanks,

Tien

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

All of the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  You get more help and guidance with the higher editions.

You can use the Premier edition and can upgrade to the Home & Business edition if you wish to do so.  You would have to pay the difference in price between the Premier and Home & Business edition when you upgrade.

Depending on the type of forms and/or schedules you are using the TurboTax program will recommend that you upgrade to a higher edition.  However, that is only a recommendation it is Not a requirement.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Go to this TurboTax website for the 2023 desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Thank you so much for the prompt response.  Suppose I bought a lower version, i.e., Premier, will the interview recommend and allow me to upgrade to home & Biz if I'm required to use that version?

Please let me know.  Thank you kindly!

Tien 

You know you can buy the download from Costco too?  I always bought the CD at Costco but this year I bought the download from Costco Online.  It went really smooth.  

No you don't have to get a higher version for the Desktop program.  It is just a recommendation, not required.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

All of the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  You get more help and guidance with the higher editions.

You can use the Premier edition and can upgrade to the Home & Business edition if you wish to do so.  You would have to pay the difference in price between the Premier and Home & Business edition when you upgrade.

Depending on the type of forms and/or schedules you are using the TurboTax program will recommend that you upgrade to a higher edition.  However, that is only a recommendation it is Not a requirement.

Ooh.  Costco online.  Hope that will save me money.  Thank you.  If I understand you correctly, I can get the Premier for let's say $105 but my filing most likely needs the Home & Biz ($120), I don't need to upgrade and can finish my taxes with the $105 version?

That would be nice to save $15.    Thanks,

Tien

Most likely this will happen.  Thank you!!

Tien

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies