Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i download 2020 complete return with worksheets? i was able to do this for previous years during my filing this year, but now the 'tax tools' link is gone.

this is for the complete return with worksheets... 100+ pages
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i download 2020 complete return with worksheets? i was able to do this for previous years during my filing this year, but now the 'tax tools' link is gone.

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2020, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2020, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

annsyamamoto
Returning Member

I have both the 2019 and 2020 complete and finished Tax Returns for both years which I want to download to my TurboTax/Intuit account.  How do I do that?

Do you mean upload from your computer?  Sorry you can not store a return from your computer in your online account.

You can only transfer a 2019 Turbo Tax file from your computer into a new 2020 online return.

Not upload. I want to download my full detailed return from turbotax. This is the extended version that is 130 pages long normally.

@ jtyoung9er wrote:

Not upload. I want to download my full detailed return from turbotax. This is the extended version that is 130 pages long normally.

We can tell you how to get the large PDF with all forms, worksheets, and summary pages.

Is your return still in preparation, or have you already filed?   If already efiled, has it been accepted?

Addendum:

You already asked this question; this thread was your topic.  And it has been answered in this thread a few days ago.  I don't know why you are asking it again.  Did you not see the answer above?

Oh there was another user that posted on this thread that asked about "uploading".  Not the original user.  

I'm trying to get all these worksheets in my 2022 return from last year, but this workaround doesn't appear to work anymore. There's no link that says "Add a state" for prior years. Anyone else figured out how to get the full file with all the calculation worksheets?

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If you have not yet started a 2023 return : 

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information (about a dozen screens) even if you will NOT use the TT program for the 2023 return.  Then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies