turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alli0325

How do I defer my processing fees so it is not deducted from my bank account since refund is being reviewed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I defer my processing fees so it is not deducted from my bank account since refund is being reviewed?

@alli0325asked:  "How do I defer my processing fees so it is not deducted from my bank account since refund is being reviewed?"

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, and if your refund has been delayed at the IRS an unusually long time, TurboTax will start emailing you bills.  If unpaid, then they ultimately send you a notice they are going to debit your bank account.   You need to either pay or ask them for a deferment quickly.

You need to phone TurboTax Support as soon as possible to ask for a deferment.   Once they start the bank debit process, which I believe is 2-3 days in advance, they can't stop it.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

ee-ea
Level 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies