Renbuild1

How do i clear a form filled out by mistake?

I thought i was entering the sale of a rental property, but TT started filling in sale of my home.  How do I get rid of that form and start over?
Cass0317

You can do this by deleting the form. Please see the TurboTax articles below, depending on which TurboTax version you are using:

Renbuild1

Not really.  I’ve tried that and usually the form doesn’t go away.  Probably because it’s linked to something else.

I’ve also noticed that there’s no way to delete a return.  I’ve tried to use TT to test out variations on my return by saving the good return under a test name.  When that gets too cumbersome, I’d like to delete the test return so I don’t get confused by it.  There’s no way to do that other than going to the documents folder in Windows.

specifically I’d like to see how much I save by using different amounts in a 1031 exchange.  Very hard to find