I filed my 2017 taxes with turbo tax, I would like to know after I filed where I can look and see specifically the injured spouse allocation form ,I filed with it, I want to make sure it looks correct, before I start calling and checking the status or make sure it was received.
You can print a copy of your full return with all worksheets to see everything in your return. I'll provide steps below for you to go in and print the full return from the Print Center. Just look for Form 8379 in that printout. And if you filled out that portion of the return and e-filed with the return, they have received it with that e-filed return.
For the status, if you filed Form 8379 Injured Spouse with your original return, it can take up to 11 weeks to process an electronically-filed return or up to 14 weeks if you filed a paper return. More details are at the bottom of the page here https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203.html
**If your return is still active and you are inside the return, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.
**If your return thinks you have already printed and filed, these are directions to Print Center.
- Log into the account you filed the return in
- Click Tax Home to the left
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and click Show
- Select Add a State to get back in return (not adding one, just a way to get inside return)
- In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools.
- Select Print Center.
- Then choose Print, save or preview this year’s return.
- Now check the 2017 federal returns (or 2017 state returns) box and choose which forms to print out or all worksheets.
- Select View or print forms, then go ahead and print.