turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gcvsea

How can I see and print Schedule A?

I entered all of my itemized deductions into TurboTax 2018. TurboTax indicates that the total is less than the standard deduction. Therefore, Turbotax will not let users see, print or review the itemized deductions to confirm the deductions are correct. That is doing a great disservice to TurboTax users.

I want the ability to review my itemized deductions - even if the standard deduction is higher - because it would allow me to check for errors AND plan for the next year's taxes. I want to know WHY the total of my itemized deductions is less than the standard deduction. Having TurboTax tell me that they are less and then preventing me to see why is rather infuriating. It is limiting me from having access to personal information that I should be able to see.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On a Apple computer go to the Forms versus the Step by Step method. 

So click on View and then in the drop-down click on Forms

The click on Open form towards the top and in the search type in Sch A.

I just did this on mine and I took the standard deduction, but this will tell how much you had in Sch A deductions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

On a Apple computer go to the Forms versus the Step by Step method. 

So click on View and then in the drop-down click on Forms

The click on Open form towards the top and in the search type in Sch A.

I just did this on mine and I took the standard deduction, but this will tell how much you had in Sch A deductions.

Did it not work when you tried it?
gcvsea

Your response was helpful. Thanks. I opened the "Forms"tab. There's a list on the left side of the window that shows the forms, but NOT Schedule A. I couldn't find it there. At the top of the window there is a button for "Open Form." When I search for "Sch A." it brings up the wrong form. It brings up a form for Depreciation. (Must be a bad link.) However, when I scrolled down the pop-up list under "Open Form" the Schedule A form is included in the list. I was able to open and print it that way.

Ok thank you for the feedback as I will tell others exactly what you did to find it this way.  I appreciate it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies