jcaat04

How can i go back to edit my federal return if i missed adding a W2 for our wages?

Crazy1230peanut

Do I need to claim myself on my 2020 Taxes? I forgot to claim 1. Myself. Plus I claimed covid check should i of?

DaraLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

@jcaat04 The following Help Article can walk you through adding a W-2 to your tax return:  Where do I add or enter a second W-2?

If you've already submitted your return, you'll need to wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects it before you can add your W-2.  Refer to the references below for instructions.

References:

How do I fix a rejected return?

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

DaraLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Crazy1230peanut  If you are on the return, then you've claimed yourself.  Also, if you didn't receive the full amount for your first or second-round stimulus payments, then you should claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  If you accidentally claimed this credit, don't worry, you just won’t get any additional credit on your return if you’ve already received the full amount of the credit as stimulus payments (or if you don't qualify for a stimulus payment).

ReferenceHow do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?