turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I change the way I receive my refund?

can my taxes be deposited into an account that is not mine?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

It is not recommended to send the refund to a bank account which does not have your name on.  The bank might reject it.  

If you haven't e filed yet, you can return to the section in the program, where you can make changes about the way you want to receive your refund :

In the program, across the top, select the File tab  and follow the prompts to get to How do you want your refund /

If you already e-filed, you can’t change the direct deposit info unless the IRS rejects the return. If they do, you can change and resubmit it.

If the IRS accepts your return, they will try to deposit the refund.  If it fails and bounces back to the IRS, they will issue you a paper check ( based on the mailing address you enter on your tax return) .

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301940

Do not try to have your refund deposited into an account that does not have your name on it.  The bank will reject it and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to you at the address you put on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, although I wouldn't recommend it. If this is due to money owed, make a check out to them instead so you can track it better.

Hey how do I apply for the advance on my tax refund 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You may have the opportunity to apply for Refund Advance when you choose your refund method. 

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn more about the Refund Advance process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Susandech
Returning Member

I can't print out my tax return to mail. I want to e-file but dont know my AGI From last year for direct deposit this year. Can you help me

Susandech
Returning Member

I already filed. I spoke to someone and she guided me to download and print out  my return. I told her I did not have access to a printer at all. Now next to to my federal status it says ready to mail.i needto change that.. how do I do that

Susandech
Returning Member

How do I find my AGI from 2018

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please use this link for assistance on locating your 2018 AGI: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/00/25947

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies