Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

How can I change my banking direct deposit information after I have filed my return?

Your Efile would not be Rejected because you had the wrong Direct Deposit account info (neither TurboTax nor the IRS knows that you have the wrong bank info).

There must be another reason for the reject. 

Read your Reject email to determine the reason your Efile rejected.  After you open your return and fix the error, go through the File section again.  You will then be able to enter the correct Bank Account info before Efiling again.

Here's more info on How to Fix a Rejected Return. 

@Daddysgirlnrs

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
EnelD1
Returning Member

How can I change my banking direct deposit information after I have filed my return?

IMG[phone number removed]51.jpg

@EnelD1 You have posted an image of your own personal document with no explanation here.  What are you trying to do?  This is not the place to post personal information, since it can be seen by anyone on the internet.  And it is not the place to enter your banking information.   The IRS does not allow you to change your banking information for the direct deposit of your refund after you file your tax return.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
crystalmae41
Returning Member

I need my direct deposited on my TurboTax changed I no longer have a banking account but I do have a PayPal account that has a routing and account number that I need my phone sent to how can I do that

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong:

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

To view your banking account information, please follow the steps below:

To review previously-entered bank account info, simply revisit the File section in TurboTax.  Follow the prompts for Step 1. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to view/edit your bank account information. Please click Where do I enter my bank's routing or account number? to learn more. 

Where do I enter my bank's routing or account number?

If your banking information shows XXXXX, you will need to print your return to see the actual banking and routing numbers. 

@crystalmae41

crystalmae41
Returning Member

I have not filed my taxes yet I need to change my direct deposit for my income

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have not filed yet you can change your method. This Turbo Tax help article will show you how.

How do I change my refund method?

cdun
Returning Member

how can i change my banking info after filing my return

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong or closed

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How long it took to get paper check after the bank sent it back to IRS?

How do I update my bank information for my direct deposit for my tax refund

@icecessvess28

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.  If you want direct deposit you need the routing number and your own account number.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.  The IRS does not allow it.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong or closed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies