turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deionherb

Hey I’m trying to see if I can do a 1040x on turbotax

My taxes still saying processing I’m trying to add my other w2s how do I do that if I file somewhere else
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you filed your original return somewhere else, you should go back there to amended your return.  You should also wait until your original return is fully processed before you amend your return.  

To prepare an amended return with TurboTax you would have to enter all your information into the program exactly how it was on your original return, "trick" the program into thinking you mailed in your return, then amend your return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you filed your original return somewhere else, you should go back there to amended your return.  You should also wait until your original return is fully processed before you amend your return.  

To prepare an amended return with TurboTax you would have to enter all your information into the program exactly how it was on your original return, "trick" the program into thinking you mailed in your return, then amend your return.

To Add:  You can go to the IRS websites for the 1040X form, manually fill it out, then mail it in.  If you also need to do a State return, you can go to your States website for their amendment form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies