Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return is under review by the irs they sent me a letter. I sent all required info they asked for I was wondering if anyone knew how long it will take to get an answer

I turned in all forms that it said I needed to I faxed them to the irs I’m just curious as to how long it would take to get another letter from them stating if it was accepted or not

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

My return is under review by the irs they sent me a letter. I sent all required info they asked for I was wondering if anyone knew how long it will take to get an answer

Here is information provided by the IRS regarding general timelines:

If you provide the information the IRS requested, the IRS should correct your account and resolve the refund issue (generally within 60 days). 

If you file a missing or late return, the IRS will process your returns and issue your refunds (generally within 90 days).

If you don’t provide the information or file the missing returns, your refund will be delayed longer.

If you file an amended tax return (IRS Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return), the IRS should make any necessary adjustments and issue the refund (generally within 120 days).

If you’re facing serious financial difficulties and need your refund immediately, contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service It may be able to expedite your refund.

For more information, review the information on this IRS advocate website:  https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/held-or-stopped-refunds
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies