Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

secrews1

Hello, I filed my taxes on Jan 30. found I made a mistake so I redid them and was even sent two letters from IRS to provide more information. did that and still no return

Please help me figure this out.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I filed my taxes on Jan 30. found I made a mistake so I redid them and was even sent two letters from IRS to provide more information. did that and still no return

Amended returns can take up to 16 weeks to be processed once they receive it, after you have mailed it to them. Once you mail an amended return, it can take up to 3 weeks before it shows up in the IRS's system. After about 3 weeks, you can go here Where’s My Amended Return? to keep checking the status of it.  

Once you have successfully e-filed or mailed your return, the IRS and/or your state handles the processing and your refund. TurboTax never handles your processing or refund. You can call the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Or, call the 24-hour ­assistance number at 800-829-1040 and have them take a look but we can't say for sure how long they will take on your return since it can take up to 16 weeks.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Did you amend the return? And if so, did you print and mail it?
secrews1

yes and yes.
secrews1

it says that my refunds have been accepted but my return is still processing. I need to find out more though.
how late could I get a return?

Okay, if you sent the return in the mail, see my answer below.

Amended returns can take up to 16 weeks to be processed once they receive it, after you have mailed it to them. Once you mail an amended return, it can take up to 3 weeks before it shows up in the IRS's system. After about 3 weeks, you can go here Where’s My Amended Return? to keep checking the status of it.  

Once you have successfully e-filed or mailed your return, the IRS and/or your state handles the processing and your refund. TurboTax never handles your processing or refund. You can call the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Or, call the 24-hour ­assistance number at 800-829-1040 and have them take a look but we can't say for sure how long they will take on your return since it can take up to 16 weeks.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies