Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

Hello Everyone !
Just here to share my experience so far....

Filed & Accepted 1/31
Bars Dis. and Tax Top Dis. on 2/18
Received letter 2/20
Faxed 8962 & 1095A on 2/22
Rep. Says scanned in on 2/23 and to wait the 10 days to work the case.
on 3/7 My tax topic 152 came back
From other timelines I have gathered that it typically means they are working the case, normally you will receive a date possibly a week after tax topic has returned. You are not to depend on ordering transcripts as some can't order until weeks after they have received the refund. I have been following a different chat as well and the turn around is normally 12-20 days from the day you fax. Wed. & Sat are normally the big update days.
er4204

I got a letter from IRS to mail/fax a 1095a and a 8962 form. How will I know they have received it? How long does it generally take to get confirmation?

@sidneysh25 Thanks a bunch ,that is super helpful!! I'd love if you share when you get your actual refund , so I can get a guess as to when mine will hopefully arrive... I'm hoping the latest is still only 4 weeks from now but it sounds hopeful it'll be sooner!!

@er4204 I will update probably over the weekend. I don't want to keep stressing myself out by checking WMR , this is all so depressing. Hoping to get a DDD in the next few days, that will certainly make me happy and can restore hope for a lot of people.
er4204

Oh I understand that @sidneysh25 ! I tell myself to just forget about it and try not to check it ,but there still has not been one day that I do not check it! Even when I knew there would be no update, I was hoping by some chance there was some miracle. Lol. But I completely understand, you dealt with all this a little sooner so you'll find out first!
mwoods83

I thought I was going crazy alone. I'm so glad to see updated information. I'm going through the same thing...good luck to everyone
Filed1/26/17
Received same day...had topic 152 and still processing date will be available
Letter came 2/9/17
Faxed 2/13/17
I called on the 2/21/17 they had the fax but wouldn't tell me exact date they got it and said i was waiting for a refund date it will take 6-8 weeks
3/5/17 topic gone and it says received and processing...... So I am really over it
er4204

@mwoods83 Hopefully cause you are going through all this a lot sooner (then me anyway) you should get your refund very soon..But I was told 6 weeks from when you send the fax!! Good luck and thanks for posting!
mwoods83

@er4204 thank you ...I will keep you posted

@er4204 I was able to order transcripts, so if everything processed correctly then I should update with a DDD either tonight or tomorrow night, I will keep you posted !

Yay!! @er4204 I was about to order this morning as well! Fingers crossed our WMR updates tomorrow and gives a date soon! Definitely keep us posted I'll do the same!
er4204

Thank you so much @sidneysh25  giving me some hope 🙂 lol. But really!
er4204

And my tax topic 152 is back !
er4204

And my tax topic 152 is back !
er4204

Definitely keep me posted ! @aprilmichelle91 . Thanks a bunch

I finally got my tax topic 152 back!! yay!
er4204

@janeenglover I got mine today too!! It was nice to see some sort of progress!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies