turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Laalls1

Have not received confirmation email

Hi, 

I filed my tax return on Feb 13th and TurboTax has confirmed my Federal and State tax refund has been accepted. However, I still have not received a confirmation email from IRS and when I check online (and over the phone) it states that they cannot provide any information about my refund. 

I have checked spam and junk boxes in my email and just want to speak to someone who can help. IRS makes it very difficult to get through to a human via their "customer service" numbers so I'd really appreciate some help here.

Thanks,

Leanne

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

It sounds like you received the confirmation letters from TurboTax that let you know your return was transmitted and that the IRS had accepted it.   Keep those emails, they are your written proof of acceptance.   Once your return is accepted TurboTax no longer receives updates from the IRS or State Dept. or Revenue, so we are effectively "Out of the loop".  

Most Federal refunds are issued within 21 days of the return being accepted by the IRS (this is not based on when you filed).

If there is no record of your return at where's my refund  or you are getting the message "You may not have entered your information correctly",  an important factor can be if you are married filing jointly.  Make sure you are using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return.  Keep in mind that once the IRS notifies TurboTax that your return was accepted we won't get any more information from them.

Here are some other common reasons why your refund is not showing at Where's My Refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

For further assistance, please contact Customer Support.

In this forum, we do not have access to your account information or your tax returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I e-filed on 2/7/2021 and have not received an acknowledgement from IRS

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@fairviewlane04 You may check your e-file status here as well as any anticipated refund here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies