Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received the message, ‘You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.” when they view the stimulus tracker? [Tax Year 2019]

I received the message you are eligible for the payment when the first stimulus checks were being sent out. I never received a date or the payment and had to file it on my 2020 tax return. I am receiving the same message for the third payment now, with no updates. The irs has all of the information they need. I filed my 2019 and 2020 taxes. I think it is ridiculous that we are receiving an eligible status but not receiving a payment. I fear that the payment will not come like the first one never did and I will have to file the missing payment on my 2021 taxes. I don't understand how this is helping anyone. 

Has anyone received the message, ‘You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.” when they view the stimulus tracker? [Tax Year 2019]

I’m receiving the same message. I still have not received my federal return either. I called the IRS and they said a error code came up when my return was submitted. They said this happens a lot with Turbo Tax. She said nothing on my end had to be done. She said my return was resubmitted March 9th and they had 8 weeks to give me my refund. She said may 4th was the deadline but obviously it could be processed sooner. She said that’s why I haven’t received my stimulus as well. **bleep**ty **bleep**ty **bleep**ty!!!! My stimulus this time is based off my 2020 return as well. I know because I used a different account this year. 

595A7A80-6E66-4967-8D33-945E005867A5.jpeg

I am both Turbotax customer as well as my federal tax refund was deposited to my checking account on 17th. I guess thise two things confuses irs but I will go with 17th issue. Also, if you are irs employee,  can't you just see disaster coming if your system wants to prevent double deposit?

Hey dont feel bad mine says same as well and I still have not received my direct deposit either. My federal return was just direct deposited into that account as well. The craziest part is my wife and I use same bank just different accounts and she received hers literally the day right after Biden signed it. Last Friday I I believe. Today is Friday the 19th I believe and I still havent received mine and my status says " you are eligible" but there is no date and no money. 

anna2020

I received my tax refund on 3/17/2021 and I have the exact same message.  I believe that you are correct that it has something to do with a timing issue regarding our tax refunds.

anna2020

I received my refund and NOT my stimulus on 3/17/2021 and I have heard from other people that have received their refund on that date did NOT receive their stimulus and have the same error message when they check the status of their stimulus payment. I believe that is what is holding up the payment for some of us.

anna2020

Same boat here.  I believe that is the issue.  its likely that their system did not allow for a "multiple payment to the same recipient" as an internal control.  I'm thinking that either the payments will go out in the next batch of direct deposits that they process, or once the IRS detects the issue, the payments will be processed.

anna2020

I am in the same boat and I believe it is a date glitch that is causing the issue now.  NACHA files often have built in internal controls that prevent duplicate payments.  This may actually be a bank issue rather than an IRS glitch.  

Delliott

So if it hasn't been released yet does that mean it is still going to be sent in the next few weeks? 

Yes. you should receive your stimulus within the next few weeks, according to the guidance that the IRS has given us.  

Here is a TurboTax link to the latest stimulus information.

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

We’ve also addressed more frequently asked customer questions. Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? for information about the following:

• Why is the IRS Get My Payment tool showing bank account information that’s different from my 2020 tax return?
  • Why is the IRS Get My Payment tool showing “Payment Status Unavailable?”
  • Is the IRS Get My Payment tool showing updated information for the third stimulus?
  • What about my state's stimulus?

@Delliott

I've noticed many folks who received their federal tax refund on March 17th didn't get their stimulus payment on that day but the IRS stimulus shows all of us eligible with no deposit.  It's very frustrating because I filed my 2020 taxes later so I'm eligible for the stimulus payment based on my 2019 taxes.   2020 I wouldn't be eligible, we took out money from retirement funds to pay for repairs.  Does that mean even though it shows I'm eligible for the stimulus that it can change since I haven't received a deposit date yet and instead they use me 2020 return or once it shows "eligible", i'm good?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Once it shows eligible, then you are good.  The 3rd stimulus was not slated to be issued with the 2020 refund so that is a totally separate transaction.  Here is some interesting information that might provide assistance.

The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks, unemployment benefit extensions, and expansions of the Child Tax Credit and the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.

Do I need to apply to get a stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

When will I get my stimulus check?

The IRS has begun distributing stimulus payments and we expect people could receive their stimulus payments as early as next week (March 17th).  

For information on when you can expect your stimulus payment, check the IRS Get My Payment tool which will be updated starting the week of March 15th.

Please use this link for more details:  The American Rescue Plan

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

just wanted to let y’all know I got my stimulus this afternoon 

So check your accounts

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies