turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dee1
Level 1

Has anyone received a ddd for your nj return yet?

Has anyone received a ddd for your state refund?

Mine still says processing!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Once they are done processing your return, then they will update their site with a date for you. New Jersey's Department of Treasury has stated that they only began releasing refunds for 2017 returns on March 1, 2018. Keep an eye out on their site to track your status to see when your deposit (or check mailed) date will be. Patience is virtue. Information on how to track status is below. 

And they also list processing times as such:
  • Electronically filed returns generally take four weeks or more to process and validate.
  • Paper returns take a minimum of 12 weeks to process and validate.
  • Because of additional processing requirements, paper returns sent by certified mail can take 15 weeks or more.
You can find this information here Income Tax Refund Information under Additional Information section. And they will also have other reasons that can delay your return with them. 

How do I track my New Jersey tax refund?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Once they are done processing your return, then they will update their site with a date for you. New Jersey's Department of Treasury has stated that they only began releasing refunds for 2017 returns on March 1, 2018. Keep an eye out on their site to track your status to see when your deposit (or check mailed) date will be. Patience is virtue. Information on how to track status is below. 

And they also list processing times as such:
  • Electronically filed returns generally take four weeks or more to process and validate.
  • Paper returns take a minimum of 12 weeks to process and validate.
  • Because of additional processing requirements, paper returns sent by certified mail can take 15 weeks or more.
You can find this information here Income Tax Refund Information under Additional Information section. And they will also have other reasons that can delay your return with them. 

How do I track my New Jersey tax refund?

I finally got a direct deposit date of 3/27 and my return was accepted in late January.
gonzamic

So about 7-8 weeks then and you were an "early" filer so if one filed in late March then I would suspect similar time to receive refund. Anyone else having a similar experience?

I received mine 11 days after filing.

I efiled on jan 31st n it was accepted but i still have not received it, its still showin processing n i been callin everyday all day n cant get thru i have no idea what the hold up is, its goin on over 12 weeks this is insane does anyone have any suggestions for me to do something its only $811 but i need that money!
makieab12

My New Jersey state refund was just approved on May 4th 2018 how long will it take before the money hits my account I had to call in to get this information because the New Jersey state tax refund website still says processing
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies