Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

gdepaz08

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

So after calling and calling and getting the same answer which was it will be in the 27th, I finally spoke to a rep and she said I was under review, she gave me a number to talk with someone who could give me more info I called and was on hold for 25 min. The guy told me that I wasn’t on review my refund was put on hold due to not filing for 2013 I told him I didn’t file for 2013 because I didn’t work all that year due to me being pregnant so he said “oh you’re right you’re right” and took another 25 min to release my refund, he said it was going to take another 2 weeks to be in my back account. I check my status and nothing has changed it still says it’s delayed. It’s just so annoying and frustrating

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Say on Google that stolen password was hacked  to access TurboTax taxs information don't know if this helpful

@gdepaz08 hey what number did you call

What if the people you talked to where hackers ? And of course they give u the run around. I'm going to my local IRS building later and try and figure this shit out cuz everybody is different seems like every answer was different from what I've been reading.. who knows the truth .. just cuz you talked to someone doesn't mean it's true . Unless u see it with your own eyes. I've heard take action code 1541 was bad and u have to wait 45 days.

I'm keeping hope alive because @mbanton6  had code for three weeks and told him he was under review and then he got a date for Feb 27. Alot ppl suppose be under review but never received a letter
chaew19

I just typed out this whole comment but it got deleted because I had a telephone number listed.

Basically we were accepted 1/25 and I have the same error. I’ve called 3 times this morning, 2x I was given a different ext. Currently on hold, well got an answer as I was on hold. She’s doing a research into my account right now.

We haven’t received any letters or anything in the mail, my husband is a disabled vet and his “income” is non taxable so I always stress about filing. I will update if I figure anything out for the broader cause!
chaew19

I’m updating this because I just got off the phone with the IRS.  The info TURBO TAX prefilled didn’t match the info on my W2. I’d check and see if you are waiting for a refund if this is something you opted in to do as well.

I just typed out this whole comment but it got deleted because I had a telephone number listed.

Basically we were accepted 1/25 and I have the same error. I’ve called 3 times this morning, 2x I was given a different ext. Currently on hold, well got an answer as I was on hold. She’s doing a research into my account right now.

We haven’t received any letters or anything in the mail, my husband is a disabled vet and his “income” is non taxable so I always stress about filing. I will update if I figure anything out for the broader cause!

So when I talked to them they said that im on what he said was a regular review that they have 45 days to reveiw and send a letter. My return waa accepted but the 45 days didnt start til Jan 25th. He said if I dont have or see my return by April 11 call back in the 12th. Uh FUCK THAT. But he also said that he coyld tell why was on review but I should and shouldnt be expecting a letter. What the hell does that mean...

had this same problem filed january 27th accepted january 28th. Irs website says delayed process take action code. Here we are today 2/26 same message so i called this morning and the gentlemen told me im under 45 day review starting mar. 4 and as he looked further into told me its because my job didnt send in my w2 they suppsely dont have a copy of w2 on file so looks like im claiming i guess extra money. I dont understand that at all so now i contacted job and they say they have sent in everything and cant do nothing more on there end. This crap is so frustrating

had this same problem filed january 27th accepted january 28th. Irs website says delayed process take action code. Here we are today 2/26 same message so i called this morning and the gentlemen told me im under 45 day review starting mar. 4 and as he looked further into told me its because my job didnt send in my w2 they suppsely dont have a copy of w2 on file so looks like im claiming i guess extra money. I dont understand that at all so now i contacted job and they say they have sent in everything and cant do nothing more on there end. This crap is so frustrating
chaew19

I just talked with Turbo tax and the awesome guy gave me the number for a tax advocate. If you are experiencing hardship you can basically plead your case and the FREE advocate can help push your case along.

I also asked why I pay for all this extra BS sold by turbo tax if they can’t even help me. He basically said, a lot of the stuff sold by Turbo Tax doesn’t help the average filers.

Needless to say, we won’t be using turbo tax again next year.
mbanton6

The reference 1541 can be for anything so my advice is to call and see, they told me I’m under review, that my w2 didn’t match, that they were missing w2, and that my income was finally verified 2/19, on Saturday at around 11:30pit was updated to received and approved, with sent DDD of 2/28, I know it’s frustraring guys I waited 30 days, and finally got my DDD 2/28, it will happen just stressful and worrisome, especially that I have bills to catch up on, hope this helps, goodluck all.

@mbanton6 did the IRS tell I that you were on a 45 day review
mbanton6

@tonyam04 yes they did, the first time I called

Okay well that gives me some hope lol @mbanton6  thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies