Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mbanton6

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

Glad it did, keep me posted on your update,goodluck
nsights1

I received the message Take Action: Your refund is delayed Reference code 1541. Never seen that in the history of filing my taxes ! Anybody else seen this?

did you ever receive a letter or did they send out the cp05 letter to you ?
nsights1

they told me my 45 day delay starts 02/25 so im guessing someone will be assigned to my return this week no one has been assigned as of today but once someone is assigned it wont be hard to verify my income im thinking ill have my deposit by 03/05

I'm thinking we filed before they had all our w2s

@greybessie I agree

Same I just called mine is under review up to 45 days and my review doesn't start till 3/4/19 has anybody had a review take the whole 45 days ?

Download fax burner and then call IRS and have them fax a copy of transcript. Some ppl with code have dates for March 4 ddd on their transcript. I'm on hold now to try to request mines. I want to see if I have any date

Please let us know

I file jan 28 and accept on Jan 29,feb 16 i have that code 1541. I called on feb 21,they said i’m under review up to 45 days starting March 4.Today I approved for March 1st. I think they need time to process refunds.

I ordered transcripts hoping to get some answers however there aren't any codes anywhere onthem ?

That's what I've been saying..  Ithink the review is a way to buy some time. they were way understaffed with millions of returns to process. Filed and accepted 28th,  2/16 went to 1541 code, called 19th was told everything was fine. Called back 23rd or 24th after no update and was told I was on review but nothing was needed from me and that a letter was sent out the previous week. Still havent received the letter. Spent over 3 hours on hold waiting for tax advocate and was hung up on. Just hoping itll happen sooner rather than later

It's up to 45 days ... U can receive your money the same week as they did the review as long as they have the information to retrieve. Otherwise they will go on to the next person and come back to yours later and that's when it could be 45 days or more. They don't have time to sit and wait for the other party to respond.. like I said I've known people last year that had a review and got there taxes the same week they did the review. And I know people that waited 90 days. Stressing over the tax money isn't gonna solve anything but drive u crazy. Keep calm and watch it show up when u least expect it too lol ??

ihugtreealways that's wat I said Faith an I got it least expect it when it Gon come
nsights1

@ihugtreesalways right but what info do they need and is there a way I can help them get the info they need?

Okay so since there was a high fraud and people was using other people's w2 info (absolutely Ridiculous) they have to verify the employee and employers wedges and make sure they match... U can't give them info they have to investigate it on there own,To provent fraud . I know it seriously sucks. An honestly everybody is different on why they got a rev8ew your employer and wedges may be correct and u can get your taxes sooner then later maybe is just a simple mistake and they have to go in a adjust the amount . Could just be a simple fix. They just say up to 45 days unless they tell u 45 plus days..but if u get a letter look up the codes on Google. It could give u an idea.. not everybody will get a letter .
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies