turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got a letter from irs

I have got a letter from IRS which is proposing for change to tax or credits on my tax return for 2018. I filed the form for 2018 from hr block and  it showed i have to receive a refund of $1199. Unfortunately i finally received this letter at the end of september. I worked for 2 companies in 2018. I changed the company in December so the second company had last month w2 and the first sent me till November. However when i checked my wages transcript on IRS it shows the wages from my 2nd company only. I have no idea , how to exactly respond to the request.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Got a letter from irs

Since you had your return prepared by H and R Block why aren't you asking them?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Got a letter from irs

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
StuMarkSez
Returning Member

Got a letter from irs

I would ask the agency who helped you with that filing. That would be H&R, right?

Got a letter from irs

Ok...sounds like the first employer either did not file the W-2 with the IRS  OR  they did but the IRS never posted it OR  your SS# on it is incorrect.

If the IRS is requesting you to send a copy of the W-2 then comply ASAP. 

If the IRS changed your return then you will need to amend it ...return to Block for instruction. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies