Got a letter from irs

keshavraj1

Got a letter from irs

I have got a letter from IRS which is proposing for change to tax or credits on my tax return for 2018. I filed the form for 2018 from hr block and  it showed i have to receive a refund of $1199. Unfortunately i finally received this letter at the end of september. I worked for 2 companies in 2018. I changed the company in December so the second company had last month w2 and the first sent me till November. However when i checked my wages transcript on IRS it shows the wages from my 2nd company only. I have no idea , how to exactly respond to the request.

Got a letter from irs

Since you had your return prepared by H and R Block why aren't you asking them?

Got a letter from irs

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

StuMarkSez

Got a letter from irs

I would ask the agency who helped you with that filing. That would be H&R, right?

Got a letter from irs

Ok...sounds like the first employer either did not file the W-2 with the IRS  OR  they did but the IRS never posted it OR  your SS# on it is incorrect.

If the IRS is requesting you to send a copy of the W-2 then comply ASAP. 

If the IRS changed your return then you will need to amend it ...return to Block for instruction.