turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

r-disney

Got a File Error 113 when I tried to start Turbotax Deluxe 2014 with the filed return from 2014. Trying to move files to a new computer to do 2015 tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AliS

Got a File Error 113 when I tried to start Turbotax Deluxe 2014 with the filed return from 2014. Trying to move files to a new computer to do 2015 tax return?

Is it error 113, or error 1113?
GilbertC

This occurs if you try to save your tax file to a certain location that won't accept input such as a read-only folder or a write-protected CD or DVD. (The error 113, 1113 is a different error altogether).

The error can also occur if your tax data file name contains a ">" or other unacceptable special character.

Attempt the following:

Save your file in a different folder (one you can edit or write to).

Save your file to your hard drive, and then use your CD (or DVD) burner to copy the file to the CD (or DVD).

Rename your tax data file in TurboTax using letters and/or numbers for the file name.

Windows Vista: Disabling User Account Control (UAC) may solve this error. 

If you continue to experience this error after following the suggestions, follow all the steps in the following the article Troubleshoot Installing and Running TurboTax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300294

My old computer crashed so I did a digidal down load using the information inside my cd case.

says error 113

tam_ttl

I tried to start Turbotax Proseries 2016, I got Error 113

@tam_ttl wrote:

I tried to start Turbotax Proseries 2016, I got Error 113

Pro Series support - https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/order-products-from-intuit/help/how-to-contact-proseries-for...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies