Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find the details of TurboTax's latest Federal Tax Form updates?

I installed TT's latest updates today. Previously, I could click "more details" to see what changed, so I could understand if it affects my return (which I already filed). Something got messed up, however, because the "more details" link now simply redirects to TT's general homepage.

This is the link that previously displayed TT's detailed update history: http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/in-product/434-release-notes-2012-ind/

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

27 Replies

All of the update links are broken and redirects to TT's general homepage. They all need to be fixed. For instance state tax updates and program updates are also broken. Does anyone have the link for the other items. I know state will be tough, but I'm specifically looking for Georgia.

Thank you. Hopefully Intuit will fix the link redirection problem, but your answer meets my needs.

That problem with the link has been reported to the TurboTax Moderators of this forum.

FYI ... you should always keep a PDF and .taxfile of the return you filed in a safe place not on the computer so incase something changed you can find it to make the corrections if needed. And if you have filed then wait until the end of the year when the majority of issues have been fixed before updating the program again ... in fact you can turn off the auto update function.

Good advice in general. I keep a snapshot (PDF and .taxfile) at the time I file (before and after), so I have good records. I also keep robust backups. I'm not worried about TT auto updates. I just want to see if any of the changes would affect my return. Based off the info at the link DoninGA provided, I can see that they do not.

@DoninGA - I posted a comment to the original post but on closer review, I'm guessing this is the better way respond to get your expert help. So here is the question: All of the update links are broken and redirects one to TT's general homepage. They all need to be fixed. For instance state tax updates and program updates are also broken. Does you have the link for the other items. I know state will be tough, but I'm specifically looking for Georgia.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was alarmed when I opened TT today and got the April 3 update, with one marked as 'critical'.  I had filed a few days before the update came out.  Even with the above list, it is not clear whether my return is affected.  Will TT alert me to a change to my return after I filed?  Also, where are the lists for all the state changes (CA in my case)?

TT does send email alerts when corrections effect a return you may have filed ... watch for those.
donbishop361
Returning Member

**bleep** IT!!! WHY HAVE YOU NOT FIXED THE LINKS SO I CAN FIND OUT WHAT CHANGES ARE IN PROGRAM UPDATES?

@donbishop361 wrote:

**bleep** IT!!! WHY HAVE YOU NOT FIXED THE LINKS SO I CAN FIND OUT WHAT CHANGES ARE IN PROGRAM UPDATES?

TurboTax has made a decision not to provide the 2019 Release update information.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

donbishop361
Returning Member

Thanks DoninGa.   I guess it is to much to ask that TT inform us of that when we click  "details" in the program update script. 

Release notes have never been issued before the program is fully operational starting sometime in February ... until then you cannot possibly file a return until all the issues are resolved in the REVIEW tab ... that is a more direct way to know what is not ready for your return and is easier to understand for the masses than a technical list of changes.  

This is a dumb software marketing decision to not provide release notes.  I received a refund from the IRS due to their error with Schedule D. When I went into my TT return to see what may have changed, I saw that Intuit had released a program update in September. Well, I was curious what they changed...nope, can't get that info from anywhere apparently.

I am a CPA who wants to understand how Intuit TT is interpreting the relevant tax law. If I have already filed a return or am in the middle of return prep, I need an explanation of what is changing to feel comfortable signing my return or determining if I need to file an amended return.

Transparency is critical here, since your customers face potential legal issues if they don't file correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies