rjkph

Formatting Problems with saved Word Documents of 2020 Taxes

I submitted my 2020 taxes on May 16th for both Federal & State of Oregon.  Just today attempted to print out a copy from my hard drive files saved at the time of filing. When I opened my file in MS Word the formatting was incorrect. Many lines after page #1 had overlapping data and lay out problems.  I have no idea how to correct this problem, and am worried if & how the IRS will be able to review my emailed tax returns with this problem.

Question #1: Can you help me get correctly printed Federal & State tax forms printed?

#2 Will this effect my filing with the IRS?  I suspect they will be seeing the same problems when they open the emailed files?  If so, will I be required to submit amended forms.

This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

TurboTax saves the tax returns as a PDF.

You should have Adobe Reader installed on your PC.  The file section on the PC should be set up to default to Adobe Reader for file type .pdf

Search on file type in the Windows PC search box

The IRS doesn't get a PDF of your return ... the information that is sent doesn't have a form in it.   Just the info on the form is sent so you don't need to worry about that. 

Have you tried to save a fresh PDF to open ?    Are you sure your PDF reader is up to date ?   Maybe you could delete the Adobe reader and download a fresh copy of the program.   

fanfare

Bottom line : MS Word is not the program to use.

fanfare

TurboTax does not save your return as a PDF.

A PDF is generated if you use the Print Center for Online or the Print command for CD/Download program.