Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get another M1PR form after I filed?

I need to send in my M1PR for the CRP I filed but didn't realize you had to do it while filing. How can I get this form after I've already filed?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ChrisJ

How do I get another M1PR form after I filed?

Form M1PR is filed separately from your Minnesota State Tax Return (and isn't due until August 15th). You may file Form M1PR and claim a refund for up to one year after the original due date. If you file later, you won’t receive a refund.  

To prepare/print/edit Form M1PR:
  1. Sign in (or go here if you can't). Continue your/take me to my return or pick up where I left off 

NOTE
    : If you already filed your return, you won't see the above. Instead - go to your Tax Timeline and click Add a state under Some things you can do (don't worry, we're not really adding a state - but it will allow you to make changes).

2. Click on the State Taxes tab at the top/
  3. From the Status of your state returns screen, continue/edit/revisit the Minnesota state return (or begin and prepare if you've not already done so)
  4. Get to the Let's Check for Minnesota Nontaxable Income screen. Select Yes, I want to see if I qualify for these tax benefits.
  5. Click continue/done/no many times (unless you actually want to revisit/prepare another section) until you arrive at the Other Forms You May Need screen (seriously close to the end of the return). Confirm the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) box is checked, then continue.
  6. Fill out the form. If you have a refund, you'll be asked for direct deposit and state contribution info. Continue to Print Form M1PR. You'll mail it to the address provided on the screen. (click image below for reference)

You can check on the status of your Property Tax Refund after July 1 by using Minnesota's Where’s My Refund system. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies