Form 8962 rounding of monthly totals causes Turbotax to calculate a credit for me of $314 when it should be $310. Dont want to get audited, can i fix this?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 rounding of monthly totals causes Turbotax to calculate a credit for me of $314 when it should be $310. Dont want to get audited, can i fix this?

4 Replies

Just accept the Turbo Tax figures.  The IRS rounds up and down too

Thanks for the reply. Worried cause a quick search of the internet shows a number of people being audited for this situation.  
Level 15

They are audited for failure to file the 8962 not for being a couple of $$ off ... none of my client have ever been audited for the rounding issue.

Thanks
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings